Our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training develops students to be able to apply the concepts of Lean Six Sigma within their functional work areas. While not as in-depth as Black Belt training, Green Belt training provides students with the statistical tools that will allow them to increase the efficiency and productivity within the performance of their current jobs, and participate as members on your cross-functional Lean Six Sigma project teams.
- In-class training consists of two full weeks of training (72 hours of instruction) distributed over a two-month period (one 5-day week of training per month).
- Students will be required to pass a certification exam and demonstrate their participation as a team member on a successfully completed Lean Six Sigma project at the completion of training.
- Students must possess at a minimum basic math skills (advanced math or basic statistics preferred).
- Students must have access to a laptop or desktop computer with Minitab 16 software installed.
- Apply basic Lean concepts and principles such as 5S, Value Stream Mapping, and cycle time reduction.
- Understand waste and identify contributing factors.
- Apply all phases of DMAIC.
- Participate in and contribute to Lean Six Sigma project teams.
- Apply appropriate Six Sigma statistical tools to determine relationships between key inputs and process outputs.
- Properly scope projects.
- Calculate project value.
- Present projects to senior management.